- The Corinthia Hotel: A little off the beaten path, but WAY worth it! This stunning gem is moments away from Trafalgar Square and the Thames Embankment. Whitehall Place, London SW1A 2BD
- Ziani's Restaurant: This Chelsea spot is popular with the locals and is hands-down, my favorite Italian restaurant anywhere. I suggest the Gnocchi al Ragu di Lepre. 45 Radnor Walk, London SW3 4BP
- The Mayflower Pub: Because you have to go to a pub, eat fish and chips and have a pint! 117 Rotherhithe Street, London SE16 4NF
- The Red Fort: A must for fans of Indian food. 77 Dean Street, Soho, London W1D 3SH
- Victoria and Albert Museum: The V&A is the world's leading museum of decorative arts and design. Fashion-minded visitors might be interested in checking out "Ballgowns: British Glamour Since 1950" in the newly renovated Fashion Galleries. Cromwell Road, South Kensington, London SW7 2RL
- The Churchill War Rooms & Museum: Tour the underground command center and living quarters for British High Command during World War II and a biographical exhibit of Winston Churchill's life.
- Claridge's: An English tradition. Sip tea (or champagne) while nibbling finger sandwiches, sweet pastries and scones. Brook Street, Mayfair, London W1A 2JQ
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
My Favorite London Spots
Just a few of my favorite London haunts for those of you traveling across the pond for the 2012 Olympic games. Enjoy!